Saturday, February 28

Re-post from February: Ever think about leaving it all behind?

Here it is ... 3 months later: I thought this was worth re-posting. Didn't get much attention then; maybe it will now.

You show me someone who is successful in his/her job who hasn’t fantasized getting in the car and leaving it all behind and I’ll show you someone who doesn’t drive.

Have YOU had a similar Fantasy? Are you thinking about it now? Perhaps you’re someone who already did it and succeeded ... or not.

What did you do? Would you do it again? What advice could you give others? If you didn't do it, WHY?


The banks are a mess, the auto industry in the U.S. is a mess, unemployment is NOT getting any better, we're all out of money, gas prices are on the rise and ... oh yeah ... the planet is melting! If this is a sign of the times ahead, and I believe it is, these questions and the thoughts that provoke them must be on a lot of people’s minds. What can YOU tell us that may help some?

What do YOU think?


YT,
RT



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the email sent on Linkedin which read:
    "I had a client who networked into a meeting with a Banker and walked away with all the contacts he needed for the remainder of his job search! Imagine that! The Banker said this to him: "After a very difficult and lenghty job search I promised myself that if ever anyone came to me for help in their search I will do everything I could." He diS and Eric found his new career position in a different industry with equity in a company that was about to go public.

    I think most people think like that Banker. We're all, first, good and want to help others - it's our human nature to want to help others; we just don't always know how. Your visits to this Blog and your comments on your experiences or the suggestions you may have, and too, the questions to which I'd love to respond, can help others in our community; we ALL can help others in our commuity."

    Here's my thoughts on the above:
    you're right Rob. During my job searches the overwhelming majority of folks I contacted for help were more than willing.
    I get the sense that in today's disastrous economic situation folks are more open to helping people. It is probably due somewhat to the fact that in the big picture, that is one of the few remaining areas where they are still in control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I feel) it may also be because WE ARE ALL CONNECTED ... that sometimes we are deceived by the illusion that we are all separate. Nothing, including you and me, Bryan, live in isolation - separate from one another...and when we trust this, our fear and anxiety over networking begin to subside.

    ReplyDelete